SEE WHERE YOU CAN BEST HELP:
1- Donate to some trusted charity organization actively working in the effected areas.
2- Understand their immediate needs
- Milk cartons (preferably tetra packed)
- Used clothing of children, men & women
- Clean drinking cans (at least 10 liter for a family of 5 for 1.5 day use)
- At this time no gifts; they don't have place to keep them - gift could be send later during reconstruction. However particularly now, its more better if you can donate a cash of at least 5000 for a family of 4.
If you are going to volunteer yourself; prepare yourself because you don't know what the actual conditions may be when you get there. You must
- Scope & well Plan it
- Have first aid kit
- Have clean & drinking water
- Long boots
- Rain coat